Friday, August 29, 2003

For some reason this annoys me. Last night on the MTV Video Awards, apparently Madonna, Britney and Christina did some slutty dance and then exchanged sultry open-mouthed kisses. This in itself doesn't bother me; though it was obviously done for shock value (all three are supposedly heterosexual, though I wonder about Aguilera).

What bothers me is comparing this to that was not allowed on the Bravo (they should change their name to the GAY4PAY Network) show Boy Meets Boy. Apparently all the suitors (and, I assume, James) had to sign agreements which included the restriction "No open-mouth kissing." I guess this was as much to protect the secret straights from the horror of another guy's tongue in their mouth as it was a concession to prudish censors. After all, BMB is heavily edited while these MTV awards show are usually live.

I say, screw 'em. If Dan and Franklin, etc. want the $25 grand they should work for it. Lukas Ridgeston sure does a lot more and probably gets paid less than that.

No comments: