Another Friday Five: (Delayed because of Hurricane Isabel!)
And revised as of 9/23
1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
Timberlake is hot, but I'm not all that keen on his music. Haven't even bought the CD. I have to say that my enduring favorite is the Pet Shop Boys.
2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
Most rappers. Bling Bling.
3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
I'd like to think so. Neal Tennent was also in Architecture school then decided on another career. And they are gay too... Hopefully we'd have something to talk about.
4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
Quite a few over the years. Billy Idol, Joe Jackson, Duran Duran, Van Halen(!), INXS, The Police, Gloria Estefan... and (ahem) Backstreet Boys, SoulDecision, 'N Sync... I have to say, 'N Sync puts on a pretty good show.
5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from downloading free music?
I think downloading from Napster and Kazaa is stealing. Some of my books have shown up on Kazaa, and that is certainly stealing. On the other hand, the record industry should have dropped the price of CDs soon after they came out like they said they would do.
I think suing people is a bad idea too. A GOOD idea is what Apple arranged at the iTunes store. is the solution. 99� a song, reasonable copy and CD burning rights. It will be available to the PC hoi polloi by the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment