I had the most bizarre dream last night. I think maybe I've been watching Resident Evil too many times. It's not even a genre of movie/game that I normally like, but there is something cool about the movie. Maybe it's just Eric Mabius and those other hot guys in the special forces team.
Anyway, the setting of my dream is sort of Charlottesville, but there are apartment high-rises like in Northern Virginia. And there is a huge orbiting city, like Babylon 5. Whew.
Anyway, the zombies start coming, and for a long time the dream is about me and a group of friends fighting them off every night (they go into hiding in sewers and tunnels during the day--sunlight turns them to dust) and trying to figure out a way to destroy them all. There is a side-thing about going up to the space city, where we had hoped the zombies hadn't reached but turns out they did.
Then I get separated from my friends and meet up with this trio we had run into once before. Two girls and a guy, they live in one of these highrises and somehow manage to keep the zombies at bay with minimal effort (there is a lot of the dream spent on building laughingly flimsy barricades and barriers to stop the zombies). There is something odd about them, especially the guy, and I suspect they have some power over these zombies that is a bit suspect. However they are very charming, especially the guy. He has a surreal beauty about him, and I remember one very vivid dream image of seeing him nude 3/4 from behind and thinking, wow, he's perfect. Exactly why he was walking around nude was kind of vague, though he said it was something about making it clear that he didn't have any of the skin bustules/erosion that was characteristic of the undead.
Nevertheless, I begin to suspect that they are somehow involved with the zombie disease getting loose in the first place, and I wonder when they will decide to turn me into one of them...
Then I woke up. Damn.
No comments:
Post a Comment