Friday, June 25, 2004

So, my old game company employers want to take me on a cruise as a celebrity guest! How cool is that? This will be the funnest business trip as a celebrity since those darling Swedish boys had me come and be guest of honor at their convention lo *cough*several*cough* years ago. One day I must write about them, and dig up my old pictures. A bunch of Swedish high school kids. A bit young but all cute, and they spoke perfect English, but -- hilariously to me -- each had a different accent depending on where in the US he had done an exchange program.

But I digress, more on this cruise thing:

They need to get like 50 people to go; we'll see. At least it will be on this huge ship so I won't have to hang out with gamers 24/7... Not that there is anything wrong with gamers. I'm a gamer. Wil Wheaton is a gamer! Ryan the ex-marine is a gamer. Cute Swedish boys are gamers. But I may need some 'me' time as well.

"I'll be in the observation deck bar!"

"I'll be on the lido deck being served mai-tai's by cute little Filipino boys!"*

"I'll be in the hot tub being served mai-tai's by cute little Filipino boys!"

"Is my bar tab included in my courtesy fee?"

This would be my first 'straight' cruise though; I bet it will be kind of strange not being on a ship that was packed full of gay men. Not that I ever do anything naughty even when I'm on those cruises...



*Almost all the wait staff on every cruise I have been on (except the one on the Greek cruise line) was Filipino... or Thai or some other SE asian country. Nothing wrong with that!

No comments: