Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My ipod Shuffle is dead!

Well, actually, it's not dead, but the USB connector suddenly stopped working today. This did not coincide with any particular event that I can recall (I had not yet done the latest iTunes update, for instance), but when I plugged it in, it didn't show on iTunes or on the desktop (I had it set to also use as a flash drive to store data on). I tried another USB port; I tried my laptop... nothing. The Shuffle still played music, and the battery indicator said it was charged. But since it can't communicate with a computer, it is doomed to a slow death with only the music currently on it. Some other people on the Apple discussion boards have reported the same symptoms with their first-generation shuffles, but there are no solutions. I can't even try to reset it or erase it, since it can't be seen.

So, I guess I'll get a new shuffle, since I am certainly not taking my nice color iPod to the gym. The burning question is, should I get blue, or go all gay and get pink? I don't think I'm brave enough for pink...

6 comments:

Joe Masse said...

I like orange or metal. But I'd go with pink... easier to find.

TK said...

I thought about Orange... Orange and Blue are UVa colors... and that ipod blue is a bit cyan-y for me. It needs more magenta (which the pink ipod really is) to make it more of a royal blue... oh god I'm doing color correction with ipods. Make it stop!

I wonder if these new ipods can double as flash drives like the old ones. I assume they can, though they need their little dock, which makes it a bit less convenient. Gr.

Okay people! Blue (cyan), pink (magenta) or orange?

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! The same thing happened to my 5 months old iPod nano!! So i have to get another one, I guess. It can be recharged but it cannot be synched with my computer.

The blue one is nice and the safest bet but it means boring and every guy would do that. I'd totally go for Pink.

On the other hand, my iPod shuffle is metalic silver..

Anonymous said...

Why not the Wahoo orange? I usually hate orange, but if part of the aim is to make the little sucker easy to find, orange seems like a good idea.

(Color correx on iPods ... hee hee hee!)

TK said...

Orange it is!

Shigeki, your Nano is under warranty isn't it? Make them give you a new one!

Anonymous said...

I cannot live without iPod so I bought a new one today. I cannot live iPod-less. nope. The old nano will be replaced soon and I will probably give it to my friend or sister.