Okay, let's try not to think about Viriginia Tech for awhile.
I needed some more pants for work, as we are not supposed to wear jeans, and I am sick of the boring Dockers I bought cheap for the consulting job. The other day I bought two new pairs of cute pants at the GAP (am I too old for 'cute' pants? Am I too old to even use the term 'cute' in association with my appearance? Am I too old to shop at the GAP? Burning questions!). Anyway, if I do say so myself, my ass looks great in them. One pair is 'relaxed fit' and the other is 'straight fit.' What I did discover yesterday though is that the 'straight fit' pair are kind of tight around the thighs. Who knew I would ever have thighs with enough muscle so that I had to worry more about my pants fitting there rather than around the waist!? Guess I should have paid more attention to My Pen Is Blue and looked at A&F pants... instead of just looking at the pretty pictures on his site.
On another work-related note, they seem to be being bigger jerks than ever about the internet use crackdown. My boss agrees that we don't think they are monitoring the Macs, but can't be too careful at least for now. I need to figure out a way to ask the IT guys without seeming obvious, or raising a flag. I am a 'semi' IT guy, but since I don't hang out in that little basement room with them all day I don't really feel like a member of the nerd club. Plus, I'm known as 'The Mac Guy' which also sets me apart. On the other hand, as the 'Mac Guy' you'd think maybe they would actually talk to me about installing things on the Macs. Meanwhile I've locked out my account on my Mac, so I don't think they could put anything on it without my permission.
2 comments:
I don't think there is anything wrong with buying things at the GAP at all. I hope your ass looks so delish in those new pants you pick up :-)
The worst with IT guys is that probably they don't enforce that policy, it's probably the paranoia of somebody who wears a tie and thinks that everybody in the company is downloading sex, chatting and not working.
Ok, I used to be one of them
Post a Comment