Saturday, April 14, 2012

High School

I'm having flashbacks to High School. Oddly enough, I was in so many activities that there were sometimes conflicts, and sometimes they got ugly. One time there were two concerts scheduled for the same night, and I had to choose. I had a bell choir concert (I loved bell choir) and also some symphonic band concert, where we were supposed to perform 'Procession of the Sardar' which involved a bassoon solo. I knew we were only doing it because my mother requested it. She was one of those psycho band boosters, made jackets for the directors and was basically stalking the head director, even though he was married. First of all, I had no desire to do a solo or be put on the spot that way, and certainly I hated being manipulated. The bell director said she could fill in, but it would not be the same, while in band there was another capable bassoonist. So, guess what I chose? Bell choir. My mother and the director were furious. Well, screw them both.

No comments: