Monday, July 29, 2002

I'm delighted that the miners were all rescued. But the continuing use of the word 'miracle' in association with it is really starting to get to me. Nine men were saved thanks to determined, hard-working rescuers who thought to pump in hot air to push the water down and warm the cave. If no action was taken and everyone just sat around and prayed for a 'miracle' those men would be dead right now.

It makes me so angry when I hear about 'miracles' and how god answered these peoples' prayers. Where was god when that plane crashed in Ukraine and killed 83 people? Oh, maybe he was busy with the miners, and the pope up in Toronto. Where was he on September 11? Oh that's right, he lifted the wall of protection on America because of us godless people, according to Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. I guess god only answers SOME peoples' prayers, but if he doesn't, it's just "god's will." My, isn't that convenient. Strange how it would be exactly the same result if there were no god... which of course, there isn't.

Argh.

No comments: