And I'm trying to decide which mix to play for my Saturday crew. An interesting phenomenon developing over the last couple of weeks that I haven't witnessed before, and is worst at the Capitol Hill club: people wandering in late. Last Saturday I had three people come in late, one person 10 minutes or so. This is unheard-of (and my old teacher, Vicki, would lock the door and not let people in). I'm not going to get that militant about it, but people should get there on time as a matter of courtesy -- not to mention that you really should warm up before getting into heavy climbing.
I'm also starting to gather things for my little trip to Ft Lauderdale. The weather report is spotty, though maybe to be expected this time of year. I'm glad I'm getting a car (and at $60, it's not much more than 2 cab rides) so I won't feel stuck in the hotel. I'm trying to bring plenty of reading material -- and of course I'm hoping to get lots of writing done. I have a new small suitcase that is carry-on approved; I'm considering trying to just carry-on that bag and my backpack so I don't have to deal with baggage claim.
No comments:
Post a Comment