"Your church doesn't like alcohol or homosexuals. Well, I'm definitely not joining. I can't imagine heaven wthout both."
Lila (Jacqueline Bisset), Latter Days.
Jeez how many times can I watch this --just ok-- flick (though every time I appreciate Sandvoss' acting; when you see him in the interviews, he is nothing like Davis, he transforms his whole face). But anyway, why do I keep watching this? Just cause it is in the DVD changer? Not entirely. There is something else there; and that I watch only after the fateful kiss and Davis' life falling apart. It needs more examination.
3 comments:
Re: how many times....
Well, there's Elder Davis. An incredible, compelling story, something that resonates within you. Oh, and don't forget Elder Davis (as if ;-)
Hm, apparently. And then, there is Elder Davis. I'm still trying to figure out how he escaped the evil 'turn-you-str8' hospital. Did he just gut it out until release time? Yikes.
i know what you mean... other than the obvious hot leading men... this wasn't the GREATEST movie. although, for me, dispite the "just ok-ness" of the film... it really hits home for me. I'm not a mormon but i do come from a VERY conservative Christian family. it's really easy for me to relate to Aaron's situation. This movie helps to reassure me that i am NOT going to hell because for falling in love with a man!
Post a Comment