"You" are nothing but a pack of neurons.
-- Francis Crick.
To be or not to be?
-- Hamlet, William Shakespeare
"For some time now, I've been aware that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind..." -- Jean-Luc Picard
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Yuck
I woke up this morning at 4:00am completely congested. One nostril was completely stuffed up and the other one was partially. I don't like being a mouth-breather! So today the weather is supposed to finally cool down a little, then really drop tomorrow. I can't wait. Now, how long will it take for the temperatures in the Metro stations to go down? Rosslyn and Farragut West were still sweltering this morning. Whya re they so hot anyway? They are deep underground, the trains are electric, so I can't imagine that they generate that much heat...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy Crap, I had the same thing happen to me this morning! Weird! So the cold front passed through TN yesterday, and today it is beautiful! Its only 67F outside right now! So perfect!
I would imagine the reason the metro stations get so hot is due to poor airflow. But you're correct in saying they should be cool seen as how they are underground.
Metro is hot for one big reason: the thousands and thousands of people who use it every day, each one at around 98°.
The trains are air-conditioned, and those air conditioners dump all that heat out -- of course -- in the tunnels and stations as they run through the system.
There are also those new extra-bright lights, which dump out a ton more heat than the old fluorescent lighting; the motors in all those escalators; the motors on the trains... there's a lot of heat being generated down there, it's not like Luray Caverns where there's no tech or thousands of people.
Post a Comment