Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Of Stock Photography, Fonts, and Will Smith

Who knows why, but I've always gotten a kick out of looking through stock photography catalogs. We used to get them in some of my previous jobs; a lot of that has moved online now, so I don't get to browse so much. Right now though I'm printing out some thumbnails for a co-worker, and can't help browsing again. Here's a pic from a whole CD about 'commuting.'

Similarly, I love fonts. I love looking at different typefaces, and I pride myself on being skilled at identifying them. The last several places I worked, I was the 'go-to guy' to identify a typeface.

Finally, I watched the "Men in Black" movies over the weekend. The movies were peppered with promos for a new Will Smith movie, which looks like a remake of the Charlton Heston flick, The Omega Man (ah yes upon further research, it most certainly is). There's a shot of Will shirtless on a treadmill. I've always thought he was a hottie, but I'm not sure why... he has great lips, a nice smile, a hot body, and those cute little round ears, but his eyes are kind of... weird. Too far apart. Though they do have an almost Asian look...

4 comments:

Billy said...

I like stock catalogs too. I always check out what they have in the way of "gay" and "gay couples" and the like in the index.

TK said...

heh, yes I always used to do the same... getting some sort of satisfaction as those sections seemed to get larger and more diverse. It almost seemed like they were ahead of the curve, starting to portray 'normal' gay couples.

In some weird way it makes me think of HGTV shows now where they have gay couples all the time and it is totally not a big deal; they treat them like any other couple... which is great.

Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that I am Legend was based on Richard Matheson's excellent book of the same name.

TK said...

Quite correct sir; the new Will Smith movie and Omega Man are both actually based on that novel. Still, it smacks of another 'remake.'