It started out looking like a disaster, but turned out not so bad.
I got home from work and the heat wasn't working. Not the first time, but this time I was really afraid the heat pump had died and I was looking at an expense of thousands and days of work missed. I called the company that had installed the air handler a few years ago, but since it was 2 minutes after 5 pm, no one answered. I called another company randomly from the yellow pages who could send out a guy on Saturday for no extra charges. Still fearing the worst, I turned on a heater and went to bed.
So Saturday afternoon the guy showed up. Hottest. Repair. Guy. EVER. He was like mid-20's, blond, blue eyes, great body, baseball cap, very polite and smart (a friend speculated maybe he was ex-military). Turned out the people who had installed the air handler had used wire caps that had melted. He replaced them and had it fixed in an hour. I was sorry to see him go.
So after that big sigh of relief I got a lot of work done, went to bed, got up early and did a bit more work before Sunday spin. Then did some more Sunday afternoon, faced a mob at the grocery...
Sunday night I decided to watch An Inconvenient Truth. I got about halfway through it and was kinda bored. So what did I do? I put in Under One Roof. Why do I punish myself with this goofy, amateurish, silly Gaysian romantic comedy? Who knows. I blame the wine. Afterwards I got online and chatted with J. then went to bed.
This morning on the Metro I stood next to a kinda cute young Asian guy in a suit with diamonds in his ears and a funky jade bracelet. He wouldn't make eye contact, but maybe it was my dark sunglasses. I was too timid to take them off.
And so another week begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment