Tuesday, July 22, 2003

As usual, I'm behind on my tv viewing. Last night I finally got to watch last week's Amazing Race, and I have to say I can't love that cutie Reichen any more. It was so sweet when they decided at the pit stop to come out to the remaining teams (for those few who didn't already know, duh) because it was their one-year anniversary. Reichen got all choked up telling them about how Chip had helped him come out, after being in the service (Air Force I think). Part of what I like about Reichen is his quiet, trusting manner. And I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he looks like a cross between my Swiss friend Andreas and my old college roomate Paul (who I always had kind of a crush on). And Reichen was wearing a "Virginia Swimming" T-shirt! I wonder if he went to my Alma Mater.

Everyone applauded enthusiastically in congratulations except for the sullen virgins. I don't know if they are some kind of conservative Christians who don't approve of gays, or if they are pissed because Reichen and Chip are 'married' before them, or if they both know deep down that Chuck is a big gay boy in denial. (I mean really! Dating TWELVE YEARS, and you are not married and you are still virgins. Do the math!) Isn't he the one with claustrophobia? Feeling trapped in the relationship?

No comments: