Yes, I own an SUV, and I don't feel one bit guilty about it. But let me explain why.
I have a Honda C-RV, a 'mini' SUV that gets great gas mileage (and as you can see has a great safety and reliability rating). I did get the top of the line EX 5-speed with sunroof. I love my sunroof.
I rarely drive (My 1.5 year old 2002 CRV has less than 3000 miles on it); I take mass transit to work.
This is Washington, DC, home to some of the most obnoxious and aggressive drivers (many of them on honkin monster Escalades and Navigators) in the world (who are ALWAYS on their cell phones). I would not feel safe in anything less, both because of the size and the intimidation factor. You would not believe how people use their vehicles to try to bully other drivers. Especially, oddly, women.
No comments:
Post a Comment