Yes I accept that my job is high-pressure but today for some reason was stress-o-rama. First was the guy who spoke little English from the Embassy of Peru with this hideous Excel file he wanted printed out on multiple giant pages (he was really cute, but I didn't really want to tell my translator, sweet but very catholic, married Juan from my Xerox dept, to tell him that for me) and was freaking out about his deadline.
Then there was this huge convention display job that needed approval from the picky designers (those of the font abuse). And it was going out FedEx and I was afraid the rain would seep into the packaging and destroy them...
Not to mention fighting with the New York head office about equipment... and their miserly raise because they--being a repro company rather than a digital imaging company--don't understand really what kind of work we do down here and why we actually need skilled people and powerful computers...
AND the fact that there is construction going on and the plaster dust was making me sneeze and my nose run... ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment