... about the 40th anniversary, I was delighted to find that I already owned a cd of the movie soundtrack to The Sound of Music.
How gay am I? I was disappointed to find that it didn't include some of the great instrumentals, like the scary part towards the end where the family is hiding from the Nazis, and the So Long, Farewell song goes into this frenetic, sinister minor key. (and remember the great scene where the nuns say "Reverend Mother, we have sinned.")
Still, it's lots of Julie Andrews, and you can't go wrong there.
2 comments:
My gay genetics must be defective. I just don't get into stuff like that. I'm pretty sure it muct be because of all the Lawrence Welk I was forced to watch as a child. I mean, after you've watched a group of men in 70's outfits with enough hair spray to make the studio explode if it caught on fire, everything else seems tame.
:)
Yeah, that whole Lawrence Welk thing seemed scary to me too, and they had it on PBS for a long time, what was up with that?
Anyway, I guess we all have our gay things. I never have really understood the whole Judy Garland/Liza/Barbra obsession, though I did like The Wizard of Oz.
And drag... take away my gay card, but I just don't get drag.
Part of my thing with musicals was that I was in the orchestra in high school, and we did at least one musical a year. My favorites were Camelot, 1776, My Fair Lady, and of course The Sound of Music. We also did West Side Story and The King and I.
Post a Comment