Sunday, May 19, 2002

Oh bother.

It seems like the renaissance of the semi-cheesy syndicated fantasy/sci-fi shows may be ending. (Anyone remember Sinbad?) I just watched the finale of Beastmaster and it was kind of anticlimactic, though I'm not sure what I was hoping for. The whole quest thing this season was kind of a drag anyway, though I understand that the show needed some direction. It was getting repetitive; though maybe that was the writing as much as anything. As fun as it was to watch Daniel Goddard run around in a loincloth, it's not enough to carry a show on it's own. Xena didn't have quests, but it was always fresh and fun.

The worst thing about this ending was that Dar left to go rule some kingdom and left his faithful little cutie sidekick Tao behind. And not even a hug goodbye! Jeez, throw us slash fans a bone!

Harumph!

No comments: