
My desk at work is total chaos, as you can see here. Papers, stacks of CDs, and no less than three computers (all Macs, thank you). My desk is also littered with funky toys and things that my co-works seem to find both fasinating and baffling. They include little models of the original Lost in Space Robot and the original Mars Sojurner Rover, numerous clipped comic strips, and other odd items. The coolest new addition is this:
Just to the right of my main Mac, it's my new Lava Lamp (or 'blob lamp' as my sister and I used to call them}. It's kind of soothing to watch the blobs drift up and down...
7 comments:
Have you ever wondered why lava lamps have that specific shape? I mean, is there a reason?
Actually, I remember ours very well from way back when, and it had much more of a reverse-hourglass shape (got wide about a third of the way up then tapered towards the top. It was also red and had a wire coil in the bottom. I assume the shape has something to do with the temperature, the heat distribution and the properties of the blob. The blob has to heat up enough to rise in the fluid, then cool off enough at the top so it sinks again, and do it in small amounts, otherwise it would all sit at the top and then plop down, or just sit at the top or bottom.
and I thought *my* desk was messy...
Not 'mess,' but 'controlled chaos.'
What? No Dalek model on your desk? :-)
Can you tell I'm bored today? Plans for weekend?
Where's the men's calendar? Must be hidden somewhere....
Um, I have three men's calendars at home: an 11x17 'Justin Timberlake' one that I made myself, an autographed 'Karshner Triplets' one, and a 'Boy Next Door' one.
The calendar in my cube at work is a Defenders of Wildlife one. 0:-)
Post a Comment