Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Holiday Drear

So the company holiday party pretty much sucked.

The evil VP from NY (he's supposedly in charge of production, but seems to be in charge of every little thing) was here (gave his annual 'pep talk' which actually consists of a guilt trip about how we need to kiss more client ass) and went to the party, to everyone's annoyance.

My theory is that he is here because they had a company party a couple months ago with a full open bar. And trust me, these people can drink. I didn't go, but one co-worker told me he had nine apple martinis -- imagine that bar tab!. So I bet that NY got the bill and being the cheap-asses that they are, put a stop to it. So, they wouldn't pay for liquor at this party, just beer. Who wants to drink beer in the middle of winter at night? AND, they put a limit on how much they would pay for.

I spent most of my time talking to Marine Ryan and Pixie (no, Elf didn't come). The one highlight of the night was when my boss bought me, Ryan and Pixie large-sized good beer (Yuengling) instead of the Michelob crap they were giving us. Pixie turned to me and it true Hobbit fashion said "As soon as I saw one of those big ones, I knew I had to have one!" and I said "It comes in pints!?" He knew exactly what I was referring to.

They had it in a private room at this pool place, which doesn't do much for me either, so I'm sure I was grumpier than usual. I usually stay away from these company things, and now I remember why.

No comments: