"You" are nothing but a pack of neurons.
-- Francis Crick.
To be or not to be?
-- Hamlet, William Shakespeare
"For some time now, I've been aware that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind..." -- Jean-Luc Picard
Oh, man - this is OLD, old news. It turned out to not be a threat, because it's an APP that must be RUN -- in fact, it even asks for your administrative password with a dialog in order to do it's thing. In fact, it just proves that the Mac's security is working!
I thought I'd read about this before, But Eric sent me the link (trying to be all superior) so I thought I'd post it.
You just have to pay attention when the Mac asks for your password, sometimes when mine does that automatic virus update, it gets all pushy.
Sorry, Envirowonk, you're still stuck with the hundreds of worms and adware attacks you get with windows, and you don't even have the Dell Dude anymore!
3 comments:
I'm *so* glad I bought the Dell now. No MacWorm worries for me :-)
Oh, man - this is OLD, old news.
It turned out to not be a threat, because it's an APP that must be RUN -- in fact, it even asks for your administrative password with a dialog in order to do it's thing. In fact, it just proves that the Mac's security is working!
I thought I'd read about this before, But Eric sent me the link (trying to be all superior) so I thought I'd post it.
You just have to pay attention when the Mac asks for your password, sometimes when mine does that automatic virus update, it gets all pushy.
Sorry, Envirowonk, you're still stuck with the hundreds of worms and adware attacks you get with windows, and you don't even have the Dell Dude anymore!
Post a Comment