Sunday, February 20, 2005

Bon Voyage

This might be my last blog entry for a few days; while the ship has an internet cafe, it's not free (unlike the wi-fi I've been enjoying the last few days) and I have other things to blow my money on.

Random things:

I had awful dreams last night, about snakes (in the office no less, how symbolic is that? They were slithering around at our feet and we had to try to avoid them or push them aside but not anger them or they would bite with their poisonous fangs) then about dragons. Maybe I should lay off the Harry Potter books/DVD for a day or so, (though it was fun to see Harry make Draco spin like a top again!). I also was paranoid about missing the ship -- did I have the wrong day, stupid stuff like that. It's as bad as my paranoia about missing that early morning spin class at Georgetown. I wonder if there's a pill for that (kidding). Though I have been thinking maybe I should consider counseling again, but with someone new.

I thought those houseboys were pretty butch, until they were horsing around yesterday in front of one of the rooms and one tossed a (closed) bag of trash at the other, and he let out the highest-pitch girly squeal I think I've ever heard a man make. It was kind of cute though.

As I type, I'm listening to Sunday Baroque streaming through WETA. It's true that this isn't necessarily the last time I'll probably be able to hear it; you can listen to archived episodes streamed from the Sunday Baroque web site, but after next Sunday it won't be heard on WETA.

Ugh, I need to pack everything up now and check out after breakfast. That is one of the cool things about a cruise, though: once you are on board, there is no more packing and unpacking: the 'hotel' goes everywhere with you! Another nice thing of course is that your hotel room is always just a short walk (or in some cases, stumble) from the bar/club/underwear party.

Need more coffee...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like performance anxiety: will I be butch enough? Gay enough? Did I pack the right clothes? And where's the condoms...? ;-)