Sunday, February 06, 2005

The internet is the tool of the devil

Back in Ye Olden Days (aka, the 80's) before the internet, I was a very productive writer. I cranked out literally dozens of books, most for Space Master, Shadow World, and of course, Middle-earth.

But now I find it hard to sit at the computer and concentrate on writing any major project. I want to check my email or blog or Google some random thing, or research using Airport Express to wirelessly stream some of my 200+ classical CDs off my computer in my home office into my bedroom in case I do lose Music Through the Night to the money-grubbers at WETA-FM.

The internet is too distracting! I used to do better when I would use my laptop and sit on my bed or go to a coffee shop, but then I just had to go and put an airport card in the damn thing and voila! Internet connection. Evil, evil, evil.

It doesn't help that I have the attention span of a hummingbird, thanks to MTV, another tool of Satan.

No comments: