Saturday, February 19, 2005

*Yawn*

Even on vacation, I wake up early. What's up with that? Though the boys in the next room are up too, and sounding a little rambunctious.

Plan for today:

• breakfast down in the courtyard
• lounge around by pool, read more Harry Potter. Think about how I am not teaching my spin class today, and be grateful to that cute guy Linus for subbing for me.
• zip over to Radio Shack for Firewire cable
• lounge around by pool, maybe bring laptop and do some writing.
• brisk walk along beach
• happy hour
• Whatever!

I have the Weather Channel on right now (am I the only one who thinks Bob Stokes is a little... creepy?), and I must say, this experience of actually having to suffer these things called advertisements that they stick in between the program segments is a bit annoying. That one for the little blue sleeve that you pull over your finger and rub on your teeth while dancing through the subway is downright disturbing. That Tiger Woods sure has white teeth though.

You know what's really sick? I can't wait to get on the ship tomorrow... and go to the gym. I haven't had a decent workout since Tuesday and I'm really feeling like a slug. Yesterday's morning crunches and afternoon beach walk hardly count; I do that much walking just going the 1/2 mile to and from work every day. The Holland America ships have really nice gyms. Exercise really is kind of addictive I guess. Just as well, the unlimited food on the ship can be dangerous.

No comments: