Thursday, September 07, 2006

Horrible Dreams

As regular Synaptic Discharge readers probably know, I don't usually sleep well on Wednesday nights, because I have to get up at 5 to go teach my 6:30 am spin class. The last few weeks haven't been as bad for some reason (only waking up a few times), but last night was a doozy. Perhaps because my schedule this morning was:

• get up (dress, have breakfast).
• load 2 iMac G5's, my laptop, an external HD, my gym bag, and my work clothes in my car.
• go to class, leaving my car parked on a street in Georgetown in the predawn darkness, loaded with about $6000.00 in hardware, not to mention the value of the clients software and files.
• Teach spin and abs.
• Go directly from the gym to the first client, fix her internet connection and some other stuff, drop off a new computer.
• Go to another client, drop off her computer (hopefully finally fixed at the Apple Store).
• Drive to the office.

So. I was really stressed about leaving all that stuff in my car during class, but my boss had agreed with the client that I meet her at her place before she left for work, so I didn't have time to go back home and get the equipment. Then I was stressed about getting her internet connection to work on her old OS 9 Mac (long story), getting done with her, the other Mac delivered, then to the office for a briefing on tomorrow's job, then back home to teach my 6:30 PM class... You get the idea. So I had some crazy nighmares.

1. Not surprisingly, I had a dream that my car was stolen from a parking garage. I don't know if you've ever come back to get your car that you left in a garage, and you were sure it was stolen, because it was gone from where you were sure it was parked... then you find out you're on the wrong floor or something. My sister might remember that one time after Van Halen... Anyway, that was basically just running around in a big garage ever more desperately looking for my car.

Then things got weird with TK's REM synaptic discharging...

2. I was on a sofa somewhere in a living room (in some ways it resembled the old house at 118 Stratford Court in Charlottesville, but nicer--some readers will remember that!). R. was sitting next to me, and I had my arm around him. Also on the sofa was another Asian guy... and at some points during the dream he was also R. He was not happy that I had my arm around R., and we were kind of snuggling. After a lot of discussion and argument (at times he was arguing with himself! He stormed out of the room, saying that it was disgusting that we were showing affection 'in public.'

3. Then things got different weird; I blame that episode of Xiaolin Showdown I watched before bed). R. and I were in this place that looked like a stereotypical Chinese palace/temple complex, with the roofs, large round doorways, the works. It was night, and the temple was under attack. R. and I were wearing karate outfits and defending against this horde: martial arts, fireball spells, katana, you name it. R. sort of became a cross between himself and Omi. God knows who I was supposed to be. That dream was almost fun in a way, except that as it went on, we became more and more overwhelmed, and it started to seem hopeless...

Oh and by the way, I'm at the office, everything went (seemingly) fine. So far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's it. No more monks for you unless they're legal age, hunky, and the only thing going down is their head :)