12 days till I start work. Actually, even when I start work, I'm not starting full-time right away: just 3 days a week till September. So this is being made just about as painless as possible.
Monday I went into D.C. and met a friend for lunch. It was ok, nice to see him. I think I bitched about my old job too much, but he kept asking about it. It was hot and nasty outside. I got home and was very productive, including finally cleaning out some storage so I can actually stow all my DVDs out of sight. Then I watched Return of the King (see below), though, like when I read the book, I skipped through some of the really depressing sections with Frodo and Sam. I'm much more about Legolas kicking ass.
Yesterday was Independence Day, never a big holiday for me. I stayed home, since the Mall was going to me a gigantic seething mass of annoying tourists (they were bad enough on Monday when I rode the Metro in to see my friend for lunch).
Lots of plans for today, including more writing (as soon as I finish this and read a couple other blogs) and cleaning. Today: the bedroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment