Friday, August 20, 2004

Do not insert Q-Tip in ear canal

So I have an ear infection. Ow... ow-ow ow. Those things hurt.

It started to really bother me yesterday morning and just got progressively worse. I called in sick from work. Asprin didn't touch it, Aleve barely blunted it. My ear canal was so swollen, it closed up, and I was getting this icky clear discharge.

I didn't get more than a few minutes of sleep; no matter which way I lay, it hurt. I know, I'm being a baby, especially since it's probably my fault. I have been know to insert the Q-Tip in my ear canal.

Fortunately my very nice doctor Moody Mustafa (he does photography as a hobby and gives the money to charity) saw me this morning on zero notice. He said yes indeed I had an infection. He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and some Vicodin (wheee!) for the pain.

I hope I feel better by tomorrow morning; I have a class to teach!

No comments: