Saturday, August 14, 2004

Reading

I realized I haven't been reading much lately; I used to read quite a lot. Unfortunately as I've gotten older I've become less adventurous and less patient. I've tried to some books recommended by others but was just unable to get into them.

On the other hand I get pleasure from re-reading things I read many years ago. I recently read Jurassic Park, and am now going through Ringworld and enjoying it immensely. I'm sure I've read it several times, but it's still a fun and inventive book.

I'm feeling relaxed and sleepy this evening; dunno if I am just tired, or the relaxing effects of the massage I had earlier. I may take a nap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

RE: re-reading.
I thought I was the only one who did that.
LOVE Ringworld and the sequel, the Ringworld Engineers. But the third book...ugh. And I'm afraid to open the fourth book (Children of the Ringworld.) What happened, Larry?

Off-topic (OT): Been meaning to ask you for a while but what's the latest--if anything--on your rpg stuff? I've read there's going to be a new world for the new Rolemaster system. Will you be continuing Shadow World?

Anonymous said...

From another phelpsphan (just not enough speedo shots),

But on Ringworld, I like the Man/Kzin War books too...not as good as ringworld but quite inventive. Just read some Phillip P Dick books too...they're great. I think Sci Fi should be called Social Sci Fi, that's where it get's interesting to me.

Have a good one kev