Most of the al Qaeda surveillance of five financial institutions that led to a new terrorism alert Sunday was conducted before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and authorities are not sure whether the casing of the buildings has continued since then, numerous intelligence and law enforcement officials said yesterday.
More than half a dozen government officials interviewed yesterday, who declined to be identified because classified information is involved, said that most, if not all, of the information about the buildings seized by authorities in a raid in Pakistan last week was about three years old, and possibly older.
“There is nothing right now that we’re hearing that is new,” said one senior law enforcement official who was briefed on the alert. “Why did we go to this level? . . . I still don’t know that.”
So, the 'new' terror alert, announced just days after the Dem convention, which is centered on D.C. and NY (where the Repub con will be) is based on documents three years old? What about that infamous 'chatter' Ridge was babbling about?
And on another note, Ridge says he may leave his post even if Bush is re-un-elected. Add him to Condi and Powell.
Maybe they are all tired of lying.
1 comment:
I don't think it's that they're tired of lying (except perhaps Powell), since they're all part of that culture.
I think they're tired of not having any power, any decision-making responsibility. I think they're tired of having to answer to--and take orders from--Karl Rove.
Post a Comment