Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Beware the ides of March

CAESAR: 
Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music,
Cry 'Caesar!' Speak; Caesar is turn'd to hear.

Soothsayer: 
Beware the ides of March.


It's been a rough morning, with T.Kevin's Synapses definitely Discharging in overdrive. I can almost hear the cascading snip-snap of theose neurons firing...

Well, not really, but it's kind of cool to think about.

Anyway, getting into work almost 2 hours early to output a job only to find that the client didn't send it complete, then trying to blog and not being able to get into Blogger for an hour or so, and the continuing frustration with my Sony DVD player and Sony online 'support.'

What about your DVD player, TK, you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

When I got my fabulous 50" Sony LCD tv, I also bought a SONY DAV-C770 DVD Dream(TM) System. As you might see if you read the Amazon reviews, it has some problems. At first it works fine, but after mine is on awhile, it starts skipping and freezing if you go back to the Scene Selection or Main Directory. What's also scary is that it is one of those systems that sucks the DVDs inside where they mysteriously move around in the machine. It looks like my fears of them getting trapped in there forever are not unfounded, though this hasn't happened to me... yet.

So should I just toss the whole thing and get a new one? The speakers have special plugs that only work with that system, so everything will have to be replaced. Maybe I can just plug another DVD player into the "Dream" system; I wonder if I will get the full sound?

Oh, and their troubleshooting page on the web site didn't work properly on the Mac, but when I tried it on the PC here at work it showed up fine. Of course. Though it wasn't all that helpful; it basically said 'clean your DVD.' Yeah right, that that didn't occur to me.

No comments: