I just love my Saturday spin class! I was very depressed Thursday night after class where only 5 people showed up, and I peeked at attendace when Kelly subbed for me. She had 16 people last week, that bitch!
But today I had 16, almost a full class. I peeked at L.'s attendance and he had maybe half that while I was gone. My last Saturday class before vacation was 14 (and I made sure to tell them I would be back in 3 weeks). And today I had several people come up and tell me what a good class it was and two ask where/when I taught besides today. Definite ego boostation.
I wonder how much of this may be me. Thursday nights I'm tired after work and probably don't bring as much energy to the class. And Saturday has been my fave for awhile, so maybe it's building on itself.
I also wonder if I should be doing more to cater the music to the club and time. Saturday mornings at Cap Hill are young women and a few guys in their thirties, and a couple of guys I think are family. Thursdays at Clarendon (Northern Virginia) are couples, young guys and not as many young women (that club overall on weeknights is lots of 20-something straight guys, UVa grads by their workout clothes). Maybe I need to have edgier music for them, more rock (bleah) and not so much Boybands and Pet Shop Boys and Cher. Thoughts, gentle readers?
1 comment:
Wow! Didn't know there was so much competition between instructors.
Post a Comment