Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Stress

At 8:00 last night, I was sitting in front of the computer, and was suddenly overwhelmed by sleepiness. I crawled into bed and fell asleep almost immediately. I didn't wake up till 4 (8 hours) and went right back to sleep for another hour.

I'm not sure why I was so exhausted, but I didn't sleep well the night before: I was completely stressed out, worrying about how I was going to fix a client's printing issues. That is just not normal. (As it turned out, I was able to solve the problem in a couple of minutes with some remote support, and within half an hour I'd fixed another client's misbehaving Photoshop.)

My point being, I get way, way too stressed about stuff on this job. Every time somebody's Mac seems to take too long to boot up after I've messed with it, my heart starts beating faster and I can feel that adrenaline start to kick in, and oh god oh god oh god, what have I done? is all their data lost? I panic. This is not normal.

Maybe I should try taking Lexapro again, since it's supposedly for anxiety as well as depression (perfect! Though I don't even think I have a prescription drug plan right now). As I've mentioned, R. takes it, not that he ever seems like he's anxious about anything. He's also got some Ambien in his bathroom.

Speaking of R. He IM'ed me again yesterday. We started talking about science, and how we both liked science, especially astronomy. Then he abruptly asked why I am not looking for a job in a field that I am interested in. Then he went off on another tangent. Bizarre. He's just an odd boy.

I'm looking forward to the four-day holiday. Alone.

No comments: