So I had a 'meeting' today, and 'met' my former boss from three jobs ago. He was a great boss, and I'd be happy to work for him again. But I'd be walking into the same kind of production hell as before. The question is, how much of the unpleasantness at the last job was the work, and how much of it was the co-workers? But at least it's Metro! And, they are interested in me doing the shift I did way back then: Noon to 8. I liked that shift: mornings free, and not working all that late.
And, on my tour of the IT dept some asian guy who looked way-y-y like Kevin the Korean from my past walked by. I did a double-take, and he kind of nodded and smiled at me, but I couldn't tell if it was friendly (gay) or if it could actually have been him. I think he's actually in CA.
Oh and in the interview the guy was going on about all their branches around the country, and said "And we're opening one in San Francisco" and kind of looked at me like "you'd like to go there wouldn't you?" Not in a bad way; it was just funny.
It was a crazy day, very stressful.
Oh and I am beginning to think I have some kind of face-recognition problem. All the made-up blonde women at the client sites tend to look the same to me, to the point where I have made some embarassing gaffes by not recognizing people. Meanwhile I immediately recognized the very nice (gay?) kind-of nerdy but cute and sweet Asian designer guy with a slight limp at today's client I have been to a couple of times. (Of course, he was also nice to me and actually made small talk a few times). He and the new Middle-eastern guy were spending the afternoon figuring out where to get a new PS3.
1 comment:
Good luck with whatever decision you make! Anything to do with changing jobs is always stressful, in my experience, even when you're pretty sure it's the right thing to do.
Post a Comment