Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's here!

My new TiVo upgrade kit is here! And as usual when I'm about to tinker with the insides of my own computer equipment, I'm a little nervous. Which is ridiculous since I have a lot of experience swapping ahrd drives and such. But I don't want to jinx myself. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: It's ALIVE! ALIVE I SAY! Well, at least it seems to be alive. It booted up just fine, and the TiVo service *seemed* to accept my lifetime subscription again, and it's merrily downloading the schedule. I'll have to input all my season passes again (Blade, Stargates, Xiaolin Showdown, Avatar, Colbert Report...) but that's a small price to pay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See? Computers aren't that difficult. Just don't smash it when you get the blue screen of death okay?

TK said...

LOL Derreck! We don't get the 'blue screen of death' on the Mac. And even TiVo, I hear, runs a simple version of Linux.

My TiVo is still happily loading and organizing the schedule... now I have 25 hours of recording space at 'Best Quality' instead of the old 9, thanks to my new hard drive.

Lets just hope the other components last me a few more years...